In addition to finding and evaluating candidates, companies have to differentiate each other through their own brand, candidate experience, and the relationship management process with the candidates. In 2017, finding the most suitable employees, as well as a performant talent management will depend on the ability of the recruiter to intelligently automate the workflow.
What KPIs are we monitoring in the recruitment process?
According to LinkedIn data, the most important KPIs used in recruitment are:
· Recruitement quality is the top priority for 60% of leaders in Recruitment
· Recruitment time is the top priority for 28% of recruiting leaders
Industry experts believe that the automation of the recruitment process will complete and improve the skills of human recruiters, by reducing the selection time and optimizing the selection base for candidates.
Artificial intelligence and automation of the recruitment process
Integrating Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning components into the automation of the recruitment process brings benefits in three major directions:
- Automated analysis of CVs through Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning components, which reduces hiring time by eliminating manual processing (by recruiters). Manually processing resumes is currently the most time-consuming activity, a recruiting specialist spending an average of 23 hours on this task for a single job opening. Moreover, 88% of the applicants for an employment ad are not qualified for the job. The purpose of an application based on Artificial Intelligence components is to automatically find the most suitable candidates according to the specifications of each position, thus providing significant decision support to recruiters. In addition, the system can learn from the recruiters' decisions so that in time it can refine its recommendations.
- Use of chatbots to make pre-qualification of candidates, thus enhancing the experience of the candidate and providing continuous feedback in real time. A CareerBuilder study shows that 67% of the candidates get a positive opinion of a company if they constantly receive updates during the recruitment process. Automating recruitment in the form of chatbots allows human recruiters to provide these updates in real time through preliminary qualification questions related to job requirements and by providing feedback and suggestions for the next step.
- Automatic interviews that provide feedback and support by analyzing the words, speech patterns and facial expressions of candidates.
In the context of current digitization, it is obvious that the role of recruiters will change by adopting an increasingly wide range of automation solutions for the process of search and selection of candidates. According to the study "Trends and Challenges in HR", realized in 2016 by Valoria, the most important strategic challenge of HR in companies is to maintain a high level of employee involvement, but it is only ranked third on the training level of companies for them to cope with this challenge. An even bigger difference lies in the second-highest challenge - the retention of high-potential employees - which is ranked sixth in the level of training.However, specialists in the field consider that the automation of HR processes will enable recruiters and HR professionals to focus more on the recruitment strategy and on the planning of the processes involved in this approach, as well as on maintaining a level higher involvement of employees.