Global market research company Euromonitor International launched a new webinar, analyzing the short- and long-term implications of COVID-19 on consumer behavior and how these shifts will influence business strategies.
The webinar explores the impact of COVID-19 on the top 10 global consumer trends identified in Euromonitor International’s annual report launched earlier this year.
• Beyond Human: Rapidly automating operations to implement contactless ordering and delivery.
• Catch Me in Seconds: Needing quick, concise and real-time content to stay informed during a period of uncertainty.
• Frictionless Mobility: Limiting non-essential travel and using extreme caution when commuting is necessary.
• Inclusive for All: Providing essential resources to help high-risk individuals and prioritizing the health and safety of consumers.
• Minding Myself: Managing heightened anxiety and coping with homebound as the new normal.
• Multifunctional Homes: Shifting all activities—working, teaching, shopping, exercising and socializing, among others—to virtual at-home occasions with homes becoming the new hub for daily lives.
• Private Personalization: Willing to share personal data to benefit public health and use digital services while in isolation.
• Proudly Local, Going Global: Supporting small businesses and seeking local-origin products.
• Reuse Revolutionaries: Reverting to single-use items to avoid spreading or contracting the virus.
“The coronavirus pandemic forced consumers to adopt new habits, reevaluate priorities and shift consumption, and businesses pivoted to meet these immediate demands,” says Alison Angus, head of lifestyles at Euromonitor International. “Adjusting..............................................................
The article is property of Euromonitor International, a market research provider, and can be read in full at: https://blog.euromonitor.com/covid-19-shifts-global-consumer-behavior-in-2020-and-beyond/