COMPARING TO 20-25 YEARS AGO, ROMANIA IS DEFINITELY IN A MUCH BETTER PLACE NOW, having experienced one of the fastest economic growth rates in Europe. Furthermore, since the 90s, our life expectancy has increased by more than 10 years. We have a very dynamic entrepreneurial system, that EY Romania has been supporting through various programs, the most significant being EY Entrepreneur Of The Year. The contribution of the IT&C sector to the country’s economic growth is encouraging and it will hopefully create a future in which technology and innovation will play a decisive role.
EY has been active in Romania for that last 25 years, so we’ve decided to mark our anniversary through a campaign that looks forward: “25 questions and answers for the future of Romania”. The hundreds of questions that were submitted on the platform www.25deintrebari.ro show the main concerns of Romanians, related to health, education, infrastracture, public administration, migration, the digital provocation. Many of the questions go even deeper, inquiring about our role as people in society. They discuss the possibility of restoring values and rethinking the goals.
SOME OF THEM READ:
· What should be done so that we have more confidence in us and in others?
· What should be the national goal to inspire us all after joining the European Union?
· How can we become more tolerant towards those different from us and what can we do to better protect the environment?
· How can we become more entrepreneurial and flexible to respond to the challenges of the future?
· How can we increase social inclusion?
The book that we published in October contains the 25 most relevant questions and answers, that we hope will trigger relevant public policies and private initiatives, for Romania’s better future.