In the digital era, technology has become more and more a major driver of business transformation and development.
As we look at the future, many successful organizations - as well as the Chief Information Officer of these companies - adopt a technology-based mentality that drives the transformation and growth of organizations as well as their revenue in the digital age.
Main findings of the study:
- Approximately 10% of the interviewed organizations are positioned as part of the digital avant-garde - market leaders organizations that combine a digital strategy that is consistent with an IT approach.
- The role of a CIO is less appreciated for traditional values, such as solving complex problems or the ambition to succeed, and more for the ability to produce large organizational changes with performance-oriented results teams
- Digitization is perceived by almost all organizations as a strategic priority, although its significance is vague and may vary among organizations.
- Automation and process transformation, as well as customer experience, are the main areas of interest in the digital domain.
- The most watched emerging technologies are artificial intelligence, machine learning, internet of things and robot automation (Robotic Process Automation).
For more information, please access the report here.